Bose Soundlink Mini 2 Flashing Red Light When Charging
Bose SoundLink Mini 2 Flashing Red Light When Charging: Troubleshooting Guide
If you own a Bose SoundLink Mini 2 speaker, you may have encountered a flashing red light when trying to charge it. This issue can be frustrating, as it prevents you from using your speaker while it’s charging. In this article, we will explore the possible reasons behind this problem and provide you with some troubleshooting steps to resolve it. Additionally, we will answer some frequently asked questions regarding this issue.
Possible Reasons for the Flashing Red Light:
1. Low Battery: One common reason for the flashing red light is when the battery level is critically low. The speaker might not have enough power to turn on, so it flashes red while charging.
2. Overheating: If your speaker gets too hot, it may refuse to turn on and instead display a flashing red light. This is a protective mechanism to prevent further damage to the device.
3. Charging Issues: Faulty charging cables or adapters can also cause the red light to flash. Ensure that you are using the original Bose charging cable and adapter to avoid any potential problems.
1. Check the Battery Level: Connect your speaker to a power source and wait for a few minutes. If the red light continues to flash, try connecting it to a different power outlet or USB port. If the issue persists, move on to the next step.
2. Reset the Speaker: To reset the SoundLink Mini 2, press and hold the mute button for 10 seconds until the light on the front of the speaker turns off. Then, disconnect the power cable and wait for 30 seconds before reconnecting it. This should reset any minor glitches that might be causing the red light to flash.
3. Check for Overheating: If your speaker feels hot to the touch, turn it off and allow it to cool down for at least 30 minutes. Ensure that it is placed in a well-ventilated area during charging to prevent overheating. If the red light persists after cooling down, contact Bose customer support for further assistance.
4. Test with a Different Charger: If you suspect that the charging cable or adapter may be faulty, try using a different charging cable and adapter that are compatible with the SoundLink Mini 2. If the red light stops flashing, it indicates that the original charger was the problem.
5. Update the Firmware: Outdated firmware can also cause charging issues. Connect your speaker to a computer and visit the official Bose website to check for any available firmware updates. Follow the instructions provided to update the firmware and see if it resolves the problem.
Q: Can I use a third-party charger to charge my SoundLink Mini 2?
A: It is recommended to use the original Bose charging cable and adapter to avoid any compatibility or charging issues. Third-party chargers may not provide the required power or voltage, which can lead to problems.
Q: How long does it take to fully charge the SoundLink Mini 2?
A: The charging time may vary depending on the battery level. On average, it takes approximately 3 to 4 hours to fully charge the speaker.
Q: What should I do if none of the troubleshooting steps work?
A: If none of the provided solutions resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Bose customer support for further assistance. They will be able to guide you through additional troubleshooting steps or arrange for a repair if necessary.
In conclusion, a flashing red light while charging your Bose SoundLink Mini 2 can be indicative of various issues, including low battery, overheating, or charging problems. following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve most common problems. If the issue persists, contacting Bose customer support is the best course of action. Enjoy your music with your fully charged SoundLink Mini 2!